Friday, January 6, 2012

Ponit of View Story

Author's Note: How would you feel if you were an electronic, but you could hear, see, and feel things. That's how Charlie feels so read this and give me feedback, I like this story the most.

I am a Barns&Nobles nook, I have just been opened up and it feels good to have my screen be touched after suffocating in this stupid box. I mean really why do humans have to do that? We can see feel, and hear, just like them!

I was born in a big shinny factory with about 2,000 other nookies (nook babies). I took a while but when I was made I was trained and ready to go, but I had one slight problem. I was put on the shelf and sat there for about a week till I was ordered to leave for a store. I had a heard about them but never really could picture what they looked like. The elder nooks that really didn’t work so well would tell me that I was never going to leave, but I didn’t listen to them. I was one of the better looking nooks but then there were the joks, (Kindle Fires) that would come to steal the nook girls away. I was jealous but I knew by tomorrow I would be happy and find the girl of my dreams.

In the morning we were boxed up and packed into a big truck, I was surrounded by my buddies and anxious and ready to go. After a day or to I believe we made it, we were unpacked again and immediately set out in the store were everyone could see us. I was one of the ones on top, my friend was next to me and we were both excited to be picked, a couple of hours later a women with curly brown hair came and looked at us for a while finally after 5 minutes she reached out for me grabbed my face, I could not see and I was a little scared I heard my friend screaming good-bye and wishing my good luck. I was happy but nervous. I wanted to impress my new owner so I would not go back to the factory. I was purchased and wished good luck again by the price scanner, and then shoved into a bag. Also with a beautiful green case, I had never seen before. She was nice to me and happy that we would be together for a while. Ms. Spring Green (the case) and I (Charlie the nook) were stuck in that bag a long time, we got to know each other more and had an instant connection.

We were in that bag forever, finally we got wrapped up and shoved into a closet for about 2 weeks roughly I believe. Finally we were brought out and set under the a Christmas tree the night before Christmas, we both new we were going to be opened by a child, I was excited but nervous I hoped that whom ever it was would be nice and treat us gently. That morning, we could here kids screaming and hands grabbing our box. We laid there for a while but finally it was time. Wrapping came of and the first thing we saw was a huge smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment