Friday, October 5, 2012

Up North


Author's Note: This piece is about going up to our cabin in St. Germain, WI we have lots of fun everytime we go and we see something new every time. Please comment on what you think about this piece! 


Being around family and friends on a warm summer night sitting around a brilliant crackling fire, there is nothing that can get better than that. My family and another close family that we know came up to our cabin in St. Germain, WI. We stayed there for four days and three nights. It was a lot of fun and now I have many more memories to add.

When we were up North we brought or bb guns to shoot at cans and water bottles for fun and a little practice. Everybody enjoyed shooting them and we had a blast. However one afternoon I was shooting my bb gun and I pulled up a new green plastic chair to sit on. My brother and I were both going for the same green tea bottle, we wanted to see you could hit it on the first try. I shot and then Owen, I was getting up when the chair started going backwards. I held onto the bb gun and went falling backwards. When I landed I set the gun down and got up, I was turned and looked at the chair and saw there was a huge crack on it. “Oh my gosh you guys, I cracked the chair!” I started to laugh really hard and one of my friends told me that the look on my face was priceless. I will always remember that feeling falling backwards. After that we started to shoot again but this time we shot at the chair.

Usually when we had nothing to do we would go down to a little inlet where tons of frogs lived. It was really amazing how many there were! You would either be fishing or help catch frogs mostly you would be catching frogs. It’s really exhilarating trying to get the right angle so the frog goes into the net and can’t get out. I think that we caught about 30 frogs in a little bucket, we would joke around about having frog legs for dinner. 

The best part of the trip was walking around this little pond that we call the “Pair less Journey Pond”. When I first walked around it I was 8 years old. It was so much fun! We had to work together to get over the big trees that were cut down, and walk through the knee deep muck. When we went there this summer we walked it again. My little brothers came this time and although they were a pain it was impressive that they lasted the whole trip. I love going up to our cabin my favorite time is the winter thought but summer is just as wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment