Tuesday, October 9, 2012

That Summer


Author's Note: This piece is one of my assignments for my reading lab. I have to analyze the conflict/resolutioin of a book I read. I think this is one of my better pieces. Responding to things, and showing what I know. 

Book: That Summer

Divorces can get ugly especially if it is a divorce involving kids, such as Haven the main character from the book That Summer by Sarah Dessen, Haven's parents divorced a couple of  years ago and now Haven is fifteen. Her dad got remarried right away to the Weather girl that he sits next to on the Weather Channel. Haven takes this whole thing really hard especially after Lorna Queen the Weather girl announced that she is pregnant. Ashley, Haven's older sister announces she is getting married around the same time Haven's new step mom announces she is pregnant. Haven losses it and starts to avoid people but secretly wish that everything would go back to normal so she could have a real family, but one particular evening she couldn't take it any more and she runs away. In the end she is found and arrives to Ashley's wedding. Haven feels for her sister and is happy for her, they have had a stronger bond after that ever since.  I know people at my school who are in the same situation, I hurts to know that they have to go back and forth to parents houses and figure out who is going where. Because of that I am thankful that I don't have to go through that, I am blessed that I have great parents who love each other and will always be there for me when I need it most. 

No comments:

Post a Comment