Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Royal Roost

Author's Note: I made this piece because my mom starting a business on raising chickens. She has just started a website and on her website she wanted a little blurb on what we think about raising chickens. So here is my little blurb on what I think about raising chickens.


My life has always revolved around chickens, everywhere I turn I see something that reminds me of them. My life is totally different from a lot of people in my school, everybody thinks I live on a farm and for the record I don’t. I live in an average size house and we have a little bit of land. It may sound like a simple life, but we also have 30+ chickens, 1 bunny, 1 dog, 1 turkey, and soon a little lamb.

I believe that chickens have really changed my life, I learn things and experience things that most kids don’t. I know the meaning of responsibility and how to earn things and stead of just getting them, I know the difference between a need and a want. Sometimes I wish that we didn’t have chickens, they can be a lot of responsibility but in the long run they are totally worth the time and effort. It’s fun to be able to watch and pick your own chick and see them grow up. I am glad that I have chickens they have really affected my life in a positive way.


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! Thanks for sharing this with your readers. It's always fun to hear about the "real life" of another person. :)

    ReplyDelete